Thursday, August 24, 2006

Teh Cray-zee Disclaimer post

So, I got this message from my daughter who lives across the country from me,

“Whoa, Mom, what’s with the blog?!? Are you channeling Dad? Your word choices sound, um, odd. Are you ok? You really miss having kids at home, huh? We loved helping with the clock project but “Piglet Must Die!!!!” is a bit extreme coming from you. You are the one who wouldn’t let me call someone“snot” as a kid.”

Well, dear child, and other readers of this blog – I have a confession to make. I don’t actually write for this site. I wanted to be able to send sentimental notes to dv8 in the closed comment section. The only way I could seem to do that was to be added to the list of contributors for the site. I am such a Computer-Lamer that I couldn’t figure out how to do it any other way. So, I surprised my sweetheart and hopelessly muddled his blog setup at the same time! If I hit the wrong key I can even re-publish his earlier posts, link to all kinds of odd stuff, and probably bring down a small third-world nation. “I am Lamer, hear me whimper…”

The point is that I will probably not write to this blog again except for the aforementioned sweet notes to dv8. This is the only post of mine unless I get more curious about web works than is good for me. Then I will clearly mark said post with a disclaimer: “Lamer Warning, Musicians Ahead”

P.S. To those who find this site from my blogger profile, I don’t know anything about bicycles. I know a bunch of you are serious bike guys and dv8 uses terms like “Schram gear cluster” here, but it is another vast field of which I have no knowledge. Ask me about madrigals, voice coaching, harps, head injuries and music therapy, or R.A.Heinlien. Or, of course, ask me whether or not Frischface should be teaching in American schools.

P.P.S. Yes, I do miss having you kids at home. I prescribe another trip out here for both of you soon! Sooner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home